Financial Management and Transparency in Leadership
- 30+ Years of experience in a wide variety of ministry settings in the annual conference (Urban, Suburban, Inner City and Rural).
- Four years as President of the Erie United Methodist Alliance where I helped to lead the organization through restructuring enabling it to remain a vital tool in ministering to and with the poor.
- Nearly a decade of University teaching on the history of the Protestant church has made me keenly aware of the importance of the implementing of Wesleyan Theology in our society.
- A passion for serving others led me to mission work in Haiti, Ecuador and Nicaragua and has provided opportunity to instill this same passion for Missions in the congregations I have served.
- A reliance upon the Holy Spirit and a desire to grow closer to others in Christ are a few results of this focus. 25 years of Covenant Discipleship development in the congregations I serve has led to greater spiritual depth among members, greater commitment to outreach in the name of Christ and significant increase in financial support of the church and its ministries.
- Working with our Conference Foundation I helped plan and oversee a $2,000,000 building addition at Park UMC as well as developing a plan for the retirement of the debt.
- At Warren First UMC I helped revise the investment and distribution policies of the church ($10,000,000 portfolio) to more effectively care for ministry needs and outreach both locally and around the world.
- By demonstrating to the congregation the importance of our connectional ministry Warren First was moved to make a six figure commitment to the capital campaigns of Wesley Woods and Olmsted Manor.
Wesley Theological Seminary 1998 Washington, DC Doctor of Ministry
A Nurturing Model of Covenant Discipleship: The Role of the Mentor/Companion in the Life and Development of New Church Members
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary 1990 Pittsburgh, PA Master of Divinity
Allegheny College 1986 Meadville, PA Bachelor of Arts
Other Ministry Experience
Mercyhurst University: Adjunct Professor of Religious Studies 2012-2016
Protestant Church History and Introduction to Sacred Scriptures
Gannon University: Adjunct Professor of Religious Studies 2008-2015
New Testament and Christian Origins and Comparative Religions
North East Community Nurses Hospice: Chaplain 2003-2011
Pastoral care for hospice patients as well as regular training events for volunteers