UMW Gifts Enable Ministry, Mission
United Methodist Women believe in mission, educate about mission, volunteer in mission and give to mission. They focus on ministries to women, children and youth, those with the most need and least power in our world. The Western Pennsylvania Conference United Methodist Women this week named 2016 Elizabeth Bradley grant recipients and released its 2015 giving totals.
In 2015, the Conference United Methodist Women gave more than $165,000 to the national UMW organization for ministry and mission in the United States and across the world.
In addition, the Conference UMW began 2016 by providing mission grants from the Elizabeth A Bradley Fund totaling $51,100 to the following Western Pennsylvania ministries:
- Volunteer Respite Care Program of All God’s Children Ministries, Inc;
- Uniontown Asbury UMC Preschool Play Area;
- Uniontown Calvary UMC Preschool;
- Erie UM Alliance Refuge, Homeless Housing;
- Erie Henderson UMC Inner-City Summer Children’s Program;
- Indiana District Ramps of Hope;
- Wexford Salem UMC Olive Branch Mentoring Program;
- Pittsburgh Church Union, Children’s Table;
- Johnstown UM Human Services Project Shoes;
- Ruth M Smith Center Benevolent Care.
Grants were also given to the Mission Ambassador Program, Mission u children and youth programs, and to the UMW Scholarships for Christian Vocation.
The totals do not include what local UMW organizations donate in their churches, communities, and the world, said Conference UMW President Diane Miller, adding: "Good job United Methodist Women!"