Preach Event Set for Sept. 24-25
Five clergy from the Florida, North Georgia, South Georgia and Baltimore-Washington Conferences will be in Western Pennsylvania September 24-25 to offer workshops, preaching resources and inspirational messages on contemporary topics during Preach! A panel of Western PA preachers will discuss aspects of preaching and share their insights during this time apart for worship, fellowship and learning.
The guests will address Preaching for Transformation, Vision, Spiritual Revival, Millennials, and Preaching for Social Justice during the event at Dutilh UMC in Cranberry Twp.
Registration is now open for this event, worth 1 CEU. The cost is $50 to cover meals and materials each day.
Leaders for Preach! include:
- Rev. Dr. Charley Reeb, the Senior Pastor of Johns Creek United Methodist Church in Johns Creek, Georgia. He previously served Pasadena Community UMC in Saint Petersburg, teaches homiletics at Candler School of Theology, and has served as an adjunct professor of New Testament at Florida Southern College. He has a passion for preaching and loves helping other preachers hone their craft.
- Rev. Dr. Candace M. Lewis, an Ordained Elder who has served since 2016 as a Superintendent of the Gulf Center District in the Florida Conference. She has oversight of 89 pastors and churches.
- Rev. Dr. Rodrigo Cruz, a church planter and the founding pastor of The Nett Church, a multi-ethnic, multi-site church in Gwinnett County, Georgia. He practiced criminal law for several years before responding to his call into ministry. He and his wife Kellyann have four children.
- Rev. Dr. Daryl L. Williams, Senior Pastor of the St. Paul United Methodist Church of Oxon Hill Maryland. Under his dynamic leadership St. Paul at Oxon Hill has become one of the fastest growing United Methodist churches in its region.
- Rev. Dr. L.K. Pendleton, affectionately referred to as Pastor K. She is the senior pastor and first female to serve St. Mary’s Road United Methodist Church, in Columbus, Georgia. She has ministered regionally, nationally, and internationally for churches and civic organizations in the U.S.A., Africa and Panama.
Register before Sept. 2 on the Preach! event page.