Bishops Schedule Regional Gatherings
Bishop Sandra Steiner Ball and Bishop Cynthia Moore-Koikoi have scheduled regional gatherings for clergy and laity of the Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Susquehanna Conferences to worship together, learn more about the Bishops' shared leadership of the three areas, and hear their vision and hope for the future of mission and ministry in the United Methodist Church. Entitled Same Mission, New Hope: Thoughts from Your Bishops, the gatherings in Western PA are scheduled for:
- Saturday, March 26 @ 10:00 am - First UMC, St. Marys (140 N Saint Marys St, Saint Marys, PA)
- Saturday, March 26 @ 3:00 pm - First UMC, Punxsutawney (301 W Mahoning St, Punxsutawney, PA)
- Saturday, April 23 @ 3:00 pm - Grace UMC, Grove City (210 South Broad St., Grove City, PA)
- Sunday, April 24 @ 3:00 pm - Grace UMC, Somerset (320 Felgar Rd, Somerset, PA)
During each session, Bishop Steiner Ball and Bishop Moore-Koikoi will:
In announcing the gatherings, the Bishops noted that United Methodists are part of a church that was founded on and continues to emphasize:
- Disciple-making - We are committed to making disciples who are grounded in the teachings and example of Jesus Christ. Disciples of Jesus live a life of personal piety and social holiness, which is what makes us distinctively Wesleyan.
- Belonging - We embrace a Church that has uplifted our own lives and the lives of our friends, family, and those we cherish. We celebrate that God’s grace is not static but meets us where we are as we grow in love of God and neighbor. We give thanks for The United Methodist Church where, when communion is celebrated, everyone is welcome at Christ’ table.
- Connection & Impact - Through the power of the Holy Spirit, living and sharing the grace of Jesus Christ, we are committed to work for better health, education, child welfare, disaster recovery, and countless other efforts. Our connectional nature means we can accomplish much more together than alone to transform our communities and the world.
- Experiencing God – We experience God through the outpouring of God’s mercy and grace. Whether our hands are raised in worship or at work alongside others, this experience of God transforms our own lives as well as the lives of others.
The Same Mission,New Hope gatherings will be in-person only. Doors will open 30 minutes before start time. Notecards will be provided for a Q&A time. Reservations are not required.
Sessions in West Virginia and Susquehanna Conferences are open to WPAUMC clergy and laity who wish to attend. Those dates and locations are:
- Saturday, March 19 @ 10:00 am - United Methodist Temple (201 Templeview Dr, Beckley, WV)
- Saturday, March 19 @ 3:00 pm - Forrest Burdette UMC (2848 Putnam Ave, Hurricane, WV)
- Saturday, April 23 @ 10:00 am - Life UMC (3000 Technology Dr., Fairmont, WV)
- Tuesday, March 22 @ 7:00 pm- Linglestown Life (1430 N Mountain Rd, Harrisburg, PA)
- Monday, April 4 @ 7:00 pm - Clarks Summit UMC (1310 Morgan Hwy, Clarks Summit, PA)
- Tuesday, April 5 @ 7:00 pm - First Muncy UMC ( 602 S Market St, Muncy, PA)
- Monday, April 25 @ 7:00 pm - Mt. Nittany UMC (1500 E Branch Rd., State College, PA)