Credit Union Offers Tips for Holiday Season
Between shopping for presents and wrapping all of them, baking special goodies, planning and attending gatherings, and addressing and mailing Christmas cards, the most wonderful time of the year is also the most stressful time for many of us. Add in reduced daylight hours and plunging temperatures and the combination has the potential to really bring out our inner Scrooge.
If Christmastime leaves you feeling more frazzled than festive, Keystone United Methodist Federal Credit Union has some suggestions to make the season a little less stressful.
- Set a spending limit for gifts. It really is the thought that counts and your loved ones will appreciate your efforts regardless of the dollar amount you spend.
- Share the responsibility. You don’t have to do it all yourself. Make cooking, baking, cleaning, wrapping, and addressing Christmas cards a group project and get the whole family involved.
- Give gifts that keep on giving. Instead of buying the hottest new gadget that is sure to lose its number one status by January, give gifts that are meaningful and offer rewards for years to come. Open a gift account for your loved ones with the credit union (http://www.keystoneumfcu.org) to give them something that will help ensure their financial security.
- Make a list and check it twice. Sometimes thinking about all the things we have to do can be more daunting than actually doing them. Put your to-do list on paper and check off your accomplishments as you work your way down the list.
- Don’t slack on your normal healthy routines. They’re usually the first things that go by the wayside when we’re busy, but maintaining regular routines at this time of year is key to staying healthy. This applies to exercise and also to saving. Remember to set aside a portion of each paycheck or monetary gift you receive. After the hustle and bustle of the holidays is over, you’ll be glad you did.
Share this on