Who are the Laity? We are not ordained clergy. We are not just the Lay Leader, Committee Chairpersons or the Lay speakers in the local church. We are the congregation, those not ordained but equally called to do ministry.
The Conference Laity Board is your voice.
- fostering an awareness of the role of the laity,
- developing the advocacy role for laity,
- increasing the participation of laity in the life of the church
- encouraging laypersons in the general ministry of the church,
- developing and promoting programs to cultivate an adequate understanding of the theological and biblical basis for lay life and work,
- developing and promoting stewardship of time, talent and possessions,
- providing for the training of lay members to Annual Conference,
- providing support and direction for such lay programs as lay speaking, the observance of Laity Sunday, and the work of lay leaders on the local and district levels,
- organizing a conference committee on lay speaking ministries.
Visit often to see what opportunities there are across our annual conference and beyond for you to learn more about your role as laity and to explore God's call in your life.
- Camping and Retreat Ministries
- Clergy Excellence
- Conference Committee Chairs
- Connectional Leadership Table
- Disability Concerns
- Diversity Development
- Health as Wholeness
- Lay Servant Ministries
- Poverty Team
- Retirement Communities
- United Methodist Women
- Week of Prayer
- Young Adults
- Youth Ministry