All laity and clergy are welcome to participate in Help Shop Training offered by the Indiana District at Grace UMC in Indiana.
Following worship at 9 a.m., each participant may attend two forum sessions of their choice. The forums will run from 9:30 - 11 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Light snacks will be offered between sessions.
Each forum session is geared to a particular church role or interest area, but is open to anyone. Check the list of subjects and speakers below, then choose three in order of your preference when you register. (The third choice will provide an option if a class is cancelled or reaches capacity.)
Forum Subjects and Leaders
- Apportionments, with Roger White, Conference Treasurer - Geared to pastors, treasurers and financial secretaries - Financial Reporting for EZRA reports
- Finance, with Roger White Conference Treasurer - geared to treasurers, auditors and financial secretaries - Church finances
- Trustees and Parsonage Committees, with Tom Hallman, Chairman of the Conference Trustees
- Mission Insite ,with Rev. John Wilson, Conference Secretary - geared to pastors, outreach committees, and ministry teams
- Safe Sanctuaries, with Rev. Chris Kindle, Conference Discipleship and Spiritual Formation coordinator - Certification and Re-certification
- Lay Leaders, with Corona McKee, Indiana District Lay Leader
- Youth Ministries with Brenda Russell, Youth Committee Chair
- Music in Worship, with Will Pinos, Indiana Grace Praise Team Leader
- SPRC, with Rev. Jim Pond, District Superintendent
- Nominations, Leadership and Development with Rev. Jim Pond, Indiana District Superintendent
- Geographical Evangelism, with Paul Morelli, Conference Evangelist
- Grant Writing, with Jenny Gordon, District Lay Servant Ministries