Congregational Development & Revitalization
Congregational Development & Revitalization provides leadership in developing systems and implementing strategies for revitalizing existing congregations and developing new places for new people.
Rev. Rob Wilson, Director of Congregational Development & Revitalization, has a passion for the work of creating new places for new people to encounter Jesus Christ within existing church structures and by birthing completely new ministries. Rob works closely with congregations within the Annual Conference, as well as the Parish and Community Development Team, the Bishop and the Cabinet.
Rob is pleased to come alongside a church or other ministry setting to explore possible congregational development and revitalization opportunities, including:
- Speak or preach about the congregational life cycle, engaging your community context and strategic planning for mission and ministry
- Facilitate congregational visioning retreats, leadership gatherings or church council strategic planning conversations
- Guide conversations around cooperative ministry & partnerships
- Assist in planning for new projects (worship services, campuses, church planting, etc.)
- Provide congregational development & revitalization resources (coaching, training events, consultants)
- Facilitate congregational assessment processes
- Assess leaders (clergy or lay) for new ministries, new campuses and new church plants
Congregational Development Resources
- Lighthouse Congregations - Provide a welcoming place to belong during this time of grief and transition, which might be for just a season or for a lifetime. This includes a safe space with caring relationships, listening hearts, and unconditional love within a congregation that is confident it is remaining in the UMC.
- Coaching on Demand - Ministry coaches are conversation partners who listen deeply, ask thoughtful questions, make reflective observations, and help church leaders develop a plan of action. Coaching on Demand sessions are offered at no cost to WPAUMC clergy and congregational leaders.
New Places for New People Grants - The “New Places/New People” grant, awarded by the Parish and Community Development Committee of the Western PA Conference, is available to assist churches in the implementation of their disciple-making plans -- fulfilling its Vision, Mission, and Core Values – as well as the Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the WPAUMC.
Rev. Rob Wilson
Director of Congregational Development & Revitalization
724.776.2300 x2310 (O)