Youth Leader - Mt. Lebanon
Mt. Lebanon UMC in suburban PIttsburgh seeks a youth director to:
- Plan and lead middle school and high school youth programs.
- Organize outreach activities and fellowships including youth retreats, youth lock-in, outreach and mission trips.
- Recruit, train and manage adult volunteers consistent with Safe Sanctuary policies.
- Regularly communicate schedule of events to parents and youth.
- Attend staff meetings and church council meetings.
- In conjunction with the worship committee, provide opportunities for the youth to participate in worship services including Youth Sunday, Mission Trip Sunday and Laity Sunday.
- Plan and teach Sr. High Sunday School classes.
- Work with the director of Christian Education to plan events, choose curriculum, etc, to support our ministries.
- Serve as a resource and part of the teaching team for our yearly confirmation program, organized by the director of Christian Education and the volunteer confirmation coordinator.
- Attend church services and activities.
Background check, clearances, PA driving record (form DL-503 FULL HISTORY), and references are required.