Youth Leader, Edinboro UMC
Edinboro United Methodist Church
113 High Street
Edinboro, PA 16412
Job Description: Youth Leader
Classification: Salary: 10 - 15 hours per week/part time
Responsible to: Edinboro United Methodist Staff Parish Relations Committee through the Lead Pastor.
Purpose: To build and maintain an engaging and evolving youth fellowship of the church. Youth at EUMC is considered grades 6-12, or ages 12-18.
Qualifications: The qualifications for the position of Youth Leader shall include, but not be limited to the following qualities:
- Education: Minimum High School DIploma
- Experience leading youth activities and a passion for working with this age group.
- Current Act 33, 34, and FBI clearances.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, administrative, communication skills, strong personal Christian faith, high energy level, and the ability to work without immediate supervision.
- Willingness to work in a theologically diverse and inclusive congregation.
- Be physically capable of carrying out the required activities and responsibilities.
The responsibilities of the Youth Leader shall include, but not be limited to:
Hours and compensation:
- Practice a lifestyle that demonstrates biblical understanding and a close, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Conduct a weekly youth meeting and a quarterly event, such as a fundraiser, mission event, or day trip to facilitate meaningful relationships and/or community outreach.
- Maintain an updated roster of youth, including contact information for youth and family.
- Provide strong and regular communication to youth, staff, parents, and church in a variety of ways, such as written communication, social media, verbal, and electronic methods.
- Build a strong volunteer base, ensuring that all volunteers follow Safe Sanctuary practices and maintain appropriate clearances.
- Help shape and maintain a budget with assistance from the Intentional Faith Formation (IFF) chairperson/committee.
- Encourage participation in District and Conference youth activities.
- Encourage Sunday morning presence by modeling worship involvement.
- Be present at church council, planning meetings and staff meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Part-time: 10 - 15 hours per week
- Occasional weekend or extended hours for mission trips, etc.
- Flexible schedule, knowing some weeks will require more hours than others.
- Compensation is $8,000 annually, as established by the SPRC.
- Job performance will be reviewed after a ninety (90) day period for a newly hired employee. A review committee selected by the SPRC will hold annual performance reviews thereafter.
- In case of pro;longed absence, will consult with the Lead Pastor and SPRC.
Edinboro United Methodist Church joins with the Holy Spirit to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
We are a dynamic community of doubters, dreamers, and disciples on a life long journey of faith and action with Christ.
By embracing grace, we will engage heads, hands, and hearts in the way of Christ to ignite a profound love of God in all.