Preschool Teacher - Dutilh UMC
Dutilh United Methodist Church is seeking a teacher for its Preschool program. This part-time position, estimated to require 25 hours per week, is responsible for providing superior academics and Christian faith to 3- and 4-year-old children. The teacher will develop a schedule in line with the curriculum that is children. The teacher will develop a schedule in line with the curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and fits the needs of the children using guidelines provided by the Director. The Preschool Teacher is responsible for the classroom and the children assigned to the teacher.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Hold parent conferences and provide written evaluations midyear.
- Maintain developmental records throughout the year. This will require constant informal and formal evaluations of children’s skills, not a one-time evaluation period.
- Work closely in association with the rest of the staff.
- Inform the Director about needed equipment, supplies, and repairs. Request permission for any special purchases. Turn in reimbursement forms to the Director.
- Use positive discipline techniques.
- Attend staff meetings and other events for professional development.
- Attend school-sponsored events.
- Supervise and advise the cooperating teacher aide.
· Experience teaching preschool age children.
· Experience in developing a schedule and curriculum for preschool children.
· Ability to communicate and interact with other teachers, aides, the director and parents of preschool children.
· An undergraduate degree in education is desirable.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org