Camping Campaign Coordinator - PT
The Western PA Conference Personnel Team and the Deeply Rooted, Upward Reaching Campaign seek an individual to serve as Capital Campaign Coordinator. This is a part-time position for an anticipated term of 24 months with an average of 25 hours per week. All interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com
The Capital Campaign Coordinator serves as the primary advisor to the Campaign Steering Team, providing vision and direction for this important fundraising initiative in collaboration with the resident Bishop, campaign consultants and members of the Campaign Steering Team. The Capital Campaign Coordinator will have administrative staff support to assist with tasks such as: mailings, email communication, record keeping and other duties as needed.
- Implement fundraising initiatives to expand the campaign donor base throughout the annual conference.
- Create and maintain accurate reporting process to communicate campaign progress to the steering committee, Bishop, appropriate conference staff members and contributors.
- Collaborate with the office administrative support staff to ensure budget, timelines, record keeping, publishing materials, acknowledgement procedures and correspondence are done effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with the Campaign Steering Team to create a Bishop’s Advisory Team to arrange major donor visits for the bishop and, in some cases, participate in these visits or make them in her place.
- Cultivate, solicit and establish relationships with donor prospects in consultation with the resident Bishop and members of the campaign steering committee.
- Develop an accountability plan to ensure assigned tasks and responsibilities are cared for and completed on time by members of the campaign steering committee.
- Design and facilitate training for campaign volunteers and leaders to ensure consistency with the mission and vision of the campaign.
- Oversee scheduling and promotion of training to ensure significant attendance.
- Organize and mobilize identified groups for local campaign solicitations.
- Plan and facilitate all campaign meetings and events to include the following: selection of meeting place, date and time; sending meeting notices; develop meeting agendas; event arrangements (meals, audio visual equipment, print copies etc.); and sending meeting minutes and action steps to participants.
- Compose correspondence, presentations, reports and promotional materials as the public spokesperson for the appeal. The Capital Campaign Coordinator makes key public presentations to congregations, conferences, media and other groups on behalf of the appeal.
- Coordinate the timely and effective promotion of the appeal to pastors, congregational leaders, campaign volunteers and others throughout the campaign.
- A strong commitment to the Conference vision, mission, values and goals
- Maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks, along with an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to work independently, be entrepreneurial, and create and implement new initiatives
- Willingness to provide support for local churches
Download complete job description
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant work experience
- 3+ year experience in a nonprofit setting required
- Experience in major gift procurement preferred
- Demonstrated success in nonprofit fundraising required
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) certification preferred
- Project management skills with strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of people both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required
- Ability to pass criminal background check and appropriate clearances required