Administrative Assistant - Greensburg District
The Western PA Conference of The United Methodist Church (WPAUMC) seeks a part-time (24 hours/week) Administrative Assistant for the Greensburg District. This non-exempt position is a vital part of the district’s ministry and provides direct support for the District Superintendent relative to scheduling, managing communication channels, and collaborating with Conference staff, local churches within the district and other District Administrative Assistants.
- Manage internal and external District communications (phone, e-mail, website, etc.)
- Maintain District files and calendar (supervisory files, District ministry files, etc.)
- Prepare District materials as needed (Church Conferences, District meetings, etc.)
- Assist District Superintendent in scheduling events, meetings, etc.
- Oversee District Office equipment and resources
- If applicable, maintain financial accounts and reconcile bank statements
- Collaborate with other District Administrative Assistants and Conference Staff
- Perform all other duties and assignments applicable to the position as may be directed by the District Superintendent.
- A strong commitment to the Conference’s vision, mission, values and goals
- Understanding of the United Methodist Church structure and polity
- Maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as collegially
- Ability to interact with a variety of people in a friendly, caring manner
- Basic computer skills and applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Minimum education: High School diploma or equivalency
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Obtains and submits clearances as may be required.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
by August 31, 2021.
Download full job description