Anti-Racism and Inclusion Resources
- New York Times Race/Related
- Showing Up for Racial Justice
- SURJ is a national network of groups and individuals organizing white people for racial justice.
- Timeline: Methodism in Black and White
- from umc.org
- General Commission on Race and Religion (GCORR)
- As a result of GCORR’s work, the Church at all levels, all around the world, reflects and values the diversity of God's people.
- UMC on Cross-Racial/Cultural Ministry
- Cross-racial appointments and increasing diversity
- Ted Talks on Race
- Talks about understanding racism
- Asian-American Discipleship Ministries
- Here you will find ministry ideas, news and resources for the Asian-American communities.
- Anti-Racism Worship
- Prayers and Litanies, gospel lessons, handouts
- Native American Ministries Sunday Pastor and Leader's Kit
- From UMC Giving
- Project Implicit Bias (Includes Testing)
- Investigate thoughts and feelings that exist outside of conscious awareness
- Staff Blogs on Diversity
- The blog posts are one of many responses to a late 2015 Witnessing Whiteness Workshop with author and educator Shelly Tochluk.
- Crossroads Anti-racism Recommended Reading
- Expanding knowledge on anti-racism
- “White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack"
- by Peggy McIntosh
Teaching / Facilitation / Small Groups
- Witnessing Whiteness small group
- Based around Shelly Tochluk's Witnessing Whiteness book.
- Colorblind: Video and Discussion Guide
- A skit developed by the Western Pennsylvania Conference Anti-Racism Team and the Rev. Jim Walker
- Vital Conversations on Realities of Racism: Videos and Guides
- The guide is produced by GCORR and authored by Rev. Dr. Dianne Glave.
- Talking About Race For Congregations & Small Groups
- How to start the conversation
- Lenton Resource from GCORR
- Roll Down, Justice! A Lenten Biblical Reflection
Children and Youth
- Youth Undoing Institutional Racism (YUIR), American Friends Service Committee
- Become a Champion for Racial Justice through trainings and projects for youth.
For more information contact Amanda Gross: 4836 Ellsworth Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-315-7423
- I’m Not Racist, Am I?
- See the film available for private viewings and workshops
- Talking to Your Children About Race
- by Glenna Wilson