DuPont, Rev. C. Dale


The Rev. C. Dale DuPont, 79, of Waterford, formerly of Cochranton, went to be with his savior and beloved wife on Saturday, May 19, 2012.

Born Aug. 11, 1932, in Meadville, he was a son of Preston and Erma Check DuPont. He married Dorothy Hovis on Aug. 11, 1952, and she preceded him in death on July 21, 2011.
He was a 1950 graduate of Cochranton High School and, following graduation, he served with the U.S. Navy from 1950 to 1954.
Returning from the service, he began a correspondence course and eventually became an ordained minister. He served United Methodist congregations at Gifford and Rew, Bear Lake and Lottsville, Valier, Frostburg and Hamilton churches. He eventually retired from the Full Gospel Church in Cochranton.
He was a devoted husband and family man and also enjoyed fishing, hunting, golfing and woodworking.
Survivors include his children, Douglas DuPont and his wife, Sarie, of Bradford, Dr. Sherry DuPont of Grove City, Terry DuPont of Warren, Diane Uhler and her husband, Jeff, of Springfield, Tenn., Beth Luther and her husband, David, of Waterford, and Stephen DuPont of Punxsutawney; a sister, Janet Tinkler and her husband, Danny, of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio; two brothers, James DuPont and his wife, Alice, of Cochranton, and Gaylord DuPont and his wife Beverly, of Spokane, Wash.; grandchildren, Jason DuPont and his wife, Dawn, Benjamin DuPont, Kristen Anderson and her husband, Kyle, Erica Luther, Jayla Dininny and her husband, Caleb, Cody and Tiffany DuPont; eight great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
In addition to his wife of 58 years, he was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Larry DuPont; and a great-grandson, Devon DuPont.
Dickson Family Funeral Home Inc., 123 S. Franklin St., Cochranton handled arrangements, with visiting hours Wednesday, May 23  from 4 to 8 p.m.  and the funeral service  at 11 a.m., May 24 at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Howell of Countryside Evangelical Church in Clarks Mills officiating.
Interment was to be in the Cochranton Cemetery with military honors conducted by Cochranton American Legion, Post 836.