Camping Ministry Internship
Do you have a passion for guiding young people into a life of Christian service? Our Camping and Retreat Ministries focuses on providing quality experiences to expose Western PA youth to the love of Christ. We do this through participatory, faith-centered events in sacred spaces. Currently, we are looking to expand our reach into new places. This Camping Ministry Internship is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in Youth Ministry, Camping and Retreat Ministry, Community Recreation, or similar fields. Our intern will have an opportunity to work on the development of an exciting new mobile camping/day camp ministry. All assignments will add value both to the Western PA UMC Camping and Retreat Ministries and to your development as a professional in the field.
- Collaborating closely with the Conference Camping Coordinator and local church leadership.
- Producing high quality, professional research into Day Camp/Mobile Camping best practices and norms.
- Developing a suggested model for reaching new people in new places throughout Western PA.
To join us in this new area of ministry, we are looking for assertive, energetic and creative people with:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to participate within multi-cultural programming.
- Self-motivation, research and presentation skills, and willingness to travel.
- ACT 33/34 and FBI clearances, or willingness to acquire clearances
- General understanding of camping and retreat ministries.
This internship offers the opportunity to:
- Boost your portfolio – walk away with an in-depth research project.
- Network with a variety of people in camping and retreat ministries and the community recreation field, allowing you to form relationships to build on in the future.
- Find mentors who can help guide you through your internship and expose you to new opportunities and aspirations.
- The intern will participate in two weeks of full programmatic observations; one in Western PA, one in Dallas, TX.
- The other eight weeks of this ten week internship will include day trips throughout Western PA for relationship building purposes and time in the office in Cranberry Twp.
- Position requires 20 hours per week on non-observation weeks.
- Intern will receive compensation of $2,500 for the full 10 weeks; plus meals and mileage (non-commuter miles) reimbursement.
Apply online between April 22 and May 13.Visit wpaumc.org/camping and click “2017 Internship Application” at the top of the page.
Applications due by May 13, 2017