GOAL: To get everyone in our congregations up and moving to meet the recommended 30 minutes of moderate physical activity (60 for children) at least 5 days/week. Those who enjoy physical activity and have integrated it into their daily schedules are challenged to mentor someone who is not physically active as a great way to “Love your neighbor as yourself”.
HOW: Use a wholistic walking/physical activity programs from the list below or create your own. If you do create your own program and would like to share it with the rest of the conference please send it toHealthTeam@wpaumc.org.
Try These Programs:
- Walk to Zimbabwe (50 days)
- Get My People Going (8 weeks) $35
- Walk to Bethlehem/Jerusalem (12 weeks), $35
- Wholistic Holiday Wellness (8 weeks)
- Walk to Columbia 2013 - (may be used any time)
- Challenge Yourself - Change the World (12 weeks), Walking Log, $40
- Walk and Talk: A Year-Long Bible Study
- Walking Through Advent (4 weeks)
- Follow the Road to Emmaus (8 weeks)
- Other Wholistic Walk Programs