Purpose of a Discernment Partner
A Christian and caring adult who will guide the selected high school youth (15-18) or grades 10-12 thru the Camping and Retreat Ministries “Called&Sent” process for the development of young Christian leaders and future clergy.
Discernment Partner Duties/Responsibilities/Requirements and Qualifications:
- Attend at least two of the three Called&Sent retreats with your youth partner.
- Be actively supportive and involved in your youth partner’s spiritual leadership project.
- Meet with your youth partner, 1-2 weeks after each additional experience beyond the Called&Sent retreats to debrief what they learned and experienced.
- Send brief quarterly reports to the Called&Sent committee with updates on your youth partner’s progress through the program.
- Act as a resource and serve as an example/role model in your Christian leadership walk.
- Work as a team member with other Discernment Partners and their selected youth.
- Complete necessary background checks and follow all Safe Sanctuaries policies.
- Have a:
- Willing Spirit
- Openness to cultural and ethnic differences
- Good Listening Skills
- Patience and sense of humor
- Commitment through the 1-2 year journey with youth.