Considering a call to ministry? Working through the process? Follow the links to help you along your journey.
Be Our Neighbor: An Invitation to Ministry in Western Pennsylvania
Steps to Candidacy
- Start here for the first steps to becoming a candidate for ministry
- Inquiring Candidate Checklist Exploring Candidate Checklist Certified Candidate Checklist
- Orientation to Ministry is required of all pre-certified candidates, but is open to anyone interested in obtaining more information about the various types of ministry options available.
- Contact Janet Lord
- Licensing School is for those who have attended the Orientation to Ministry, have completed group mentoring and are pursuing ordination as either an Elder or a Deacon or who wish to become Licensed Local Pastors
- Contact Sara Wrona
Board of Ordained Ministry
- Those called to service as Provisional, Associate and Full members will find checklists and forms they need here.
- Concerned about costs? Help is available. Explore these potential scholarships.
- Higher Education and Ministry
- United Methodist Women
- Western PA Conference
- Ministry Internship for Seminarians (Applications due 1/31/18)
- Host Site Application for Ministry Intern
Called and Sent Youth Leadership Academy
- Learn about a year-long intensive experience for senior high youth.