2017 Annual Conference
Annual Conference 2017 is scheduled for June 8-11 at Grove City College
Alumni Luncheons - Friday, June 9
Special Offering Donations
- AC Late fee after 5/22
- To avoid a $25 late fee, make sure you are registered for Annual Conference before May 23.
- Pre-Conference Journal
- The Pre-Conference Journal was mailed on 5/17. You can use the blue buttons on the left to view the Pre-Conference Journal now.
- Leadership Day
- The Rev. Dr. Dawn Chesser and the Rev. Dr. L. Roger Owens will be the teachers for the 2017 Leadership Day on Wednesday, June 7 at Grove City College. The courses, both with afternoon and evening sessions, are open to clergy and laity. Use the Annual Conference Registration button on the left to register for this event. More details
- Laity Session
- On Thursday morning, a single interactive laity session led by District and Conference lay leaders and lay servants will be offered at Annual Conference 2017. *No registration required*
- Awards Note
- Most Conference awards will be presented in local churches this year, rather than at annual conference, so that congregations can celebrate with those being honored. The award winners will be acknowledged in a video presentation during the annual conference session.
- UMCOR Kit Collection
- Eastbrook Mission Barn will collect Cleaning Buckets, Health Kits, School Kits and Layette Kits at Annual Conference. UMCOR is NOT
collecting Birthing Kits. Please check the updated kit recipes and patterns at umcor.org before making your kits. Some “ingredients” have changed.
Materials for kits and monetary donations also will be accepted. Undesignated monetary gifts are the most effective way to support the Mission Barn because supplies can be purchased needed. For updated kit recipes and patterns, visit umcor.org
- Got Shoes?
- The Erie UM Alliance and All God’s Children Ministries/Ramps of Hope are holding their 5th annual shoe drive. Used shoes will be collected at annual conference in the parking lot behind where the plenary sessions are held. and until July 1 at locations around Erie and at Grace UMC in Coal Center. Get details, bulletin insert and flyer
- Help Float the Boat!
- The 2017 Annual Conference session will offer an opportunity for churches and groups to help launch our new At the Lake Ministries for persons with disabilities. As donations come in, equivalent amounts
of water will be added to a large tank with a replica vessel in the Conference display area. Download a Float the Boat brochure with details.
Learn more at wpaumc.org/AtTheLake