Hungers of the Heart
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled
-- Matthew 5:6
June 9 - 12, 2011 at Grove City College
The Annual Conference session brings together all clergy and and an equal number of laity representing each United Methodist church/charge or district to conduct official business, worship together, and learn more about United Methodist ministries in Western Pennsylvania and throughout the world.
Annual Conference Session Registration
On-line registration for lay and clergy conference members of the 2011 Western Pennsylvania Annual Conference Session will be available starting on May 1st.
Worship and Celebration
Church members and groups are invited to participate in the worship and celebrations of our annual conference session. Here are some ways you can become involved.
Because the last day of Annual Conference falls on Pentecost Sunday, a day many churches confirm new members, all confirmands are invited to come and be recognized by Bishop Bickerton during Sunday morning worship. If your church's confirmands would like to attend and be recognized during this service, please contact the annual conference worship team by February 15. E-mail Worship coordinator Rev. Kevin Haley at email@example.com or call 814-723-9440. Please give your name, your church name and the expected number of confirmands.
Conference Praise Team
If your church has a praise team that would like to help lead our worship celebrations, please submit the following to the Rev. Kevin Haley, worship coordinator, at the e-mail address above by February 15 :
- Your church and praise team's name, instrumentation and contact information
- A CD or recording of "Stir Up A Hunger" by Paul and Rita Baloche
- A CD or recording of "Hungry (Falling on My Knees)" by Joy Williams
- A CD or recording of any praise song dealing with the Stir Up a Hunger theme
- A CD or recording of a hymn done by your praise team
Room and board on campus will be provided throughout annual conference for members of the praise team.
To sing in our Conference Choir, please contact the Conference worship team for information on anthems and other details.
To assist the Conference worship team by helping to prepare communion elements during annual conference, please contact Rev. Ken Haley, worship coordinator. (contact info above).
- 2011 Annual Conference
- 2011 Daily Journal - Part 1
- 2011 Daily Journal - Part 2 (Proceedings of Thursday, June 9)
- 2011 Daily Journal - Part 3 (proceedings of Friday, June 10)
- 2011 Pre-Conference Journal
- AC 2011 News
- Annual Conference 2011 Agenda
- backup registration page!
- Day of Spiritual Preparation
- Emergency Telephone Number
- Grove City College Information
- Lay Member Information
- Online Registration
- State of Church Address
- Welcome from the Bishop